Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Take A Break: The Thank in Thanksgiving

A few days ago, I received a Thanksgiving e-card from a friend I haven't seen in years, but talk to every few months. It was lovely to know that she thought enough of me to compose and send an e-card. It gave me a left.

The next day, I was thinking of a colleague/friend and thought that given that it’s Thanksgiving, I’ll e-mail her and let her know that I’m thankful she’s been part of my life. I’m not all that good with the e-card piece, so it was just a short e-mail, but from her response, it meant quite a bit. Besides, she wrote something nice about me in return.

So today’s “take a break” is all about expressing our thanks to those who have and/or do make a difference in our life this Thanksgiving.

There must be some sort of connection, since I’m finding that as I receive calls and e-mails, people are using it as an opportunity to thank me and vice versa. I really don’t ever remember a Thanksgiving where this has happened to such a degree. Given the economic crises of the last several years, maybe we all have a new understanding of what’s really important.

Below are some fun and creative ways to express thankfulness:
• Send an E-card. See if something strikes your fancy at Thanksgiving-Cards.net

• Call

• Leave a voice mail of appreciation. That’s always nice to hear and it has the added advantage that the person can play it over and over again.

• Send an e-mail

• Give them a hug

• Make a card. So it’s not going to arrive by Thanksgiving-unless you are seeing them that day-but it will be appreciated whenever they receive it. Some ideas for making cards:
- Sketch something, or even use clip art, that would be of interest to the person receiving it.
- Iris Folding These are very easy to do and can be made out of scraps of paper. Thanksgiving Turkey
Maple Leaf Patterns

- A hug card

- If you have punches, or cookie cutters, cut out shapes and glue them on a card.

No comments:

Post a Comment