Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Tale a Break: Music Pass it On

This post is dedicated and inspired by Michael, who this past weekend, returned a book he had borrowed with a wonderful CD of Mercedes Sosa. I promptly downloaded the CD to iTunes and started listening.

I fell in love with this Argentine singer, whose story is as marvelous as her voice. I couldn’t help but think how wonderful the gift of music is. When my oldest son, who is a musician, comes home from college, he will turn us on to one of his new inspirations. It’s such a treat.

This week’s take a break is all about passing on music. You can do this by:
• Making a CD of favorite tunes for someone.
• Buy a CD and give it to someone that might love it
• E-mail friends with a video of one of your favorite musicians
• Purchasing concert tickets for someone
• Invite someone over to hear a favorite artist. Enhance the experience with something special to eat or drink.
• Show someone how to use Pandora

Share a favorite music video by posting it to the Healing Whole Facebook page.

Below are some links to music that friends and family have shared with me and so I pass them along with a note of thanks:
Mercedes Sosa (Thanks Michael)

Kenny Baker and Bill Monroe-Jerusalem Ridge: (Thanks Mark) Brought back many a fond memory of being at festivals and dancing to their music.

Rodrigo y Gabriela-Diablo Rojo Thanks Spenser

Desmond Dekker-Israelites (Thanks Spenser)

Tony Bennett & Amy Winehouse-Body and Soul Thank you Tony

Red Clay Ramblers-I Crept Into the Crypt Have to thank the old time community for this one, as I just can’t remember who took me to the concert at the Birchmere.

No comments:

Post a Comment