When was the last time you talked about an experience saying, “It was pure magic?” If it’s been a while, today’s “take a break” is all about putting some magic in your life.
Magic has many meanings and can be experienced in many different ways. For purposes of today’s “take a break,” magic is some thing, place, event, smell, feeling, sense or activity that transcends the ordinary. It could be watching a video of David Blane, who is just the most amazing magician. It could also be a walk in the forest and coming across a unique spot, where the sun glistens through the trees on a dewy morning, making you believe you have stumbled on a fairy circle. What ever it is, magic takes you out of the ordinary. For a moment in time you are totally absorbed and in awe.
Below are a variety of things to consider to increase the magic in your life
• Xplore Magic: This site offers you thousands movies of free magic tutorial, magic show, documentary, and fun. In this site you can watch various documentaries about magic, enjoy free funny clips, and amaze yourself with outstanding performance of World Champion of Magic.
• Create Tessellation art (M.C. Escher style art)
Escher Web Sketch
Design a tessellation online
• Take a walk in nature-in the woods, by the ocean, lake or stream
• Smell flowers just after they bloom.
• Star gaze
• Watch Close up Card Magic at TED
• Listen and watch Magic Music
• Enjoy the magic of a “flash mob.
Flash mob in the Copenhagen Metro. Copenhagen Phil playing Peer Gynt
Opera Company of Philadelphia “Flash Brindisi” at Reading Terminal Market
I Believe She’s Amazing Flash Mob-Toronto Eaton Centre