It’s very simple:
Option one: Put a can of Sterno in the unglazed pot. Should sit safely on the bottom with at least 1-2 inches of clearance at the top
Option two: Line the inside of the unglazed pot with heavy duty aluminum foil and put in a few pieces of charcoal. Let it burn down a bit before starting to roast your marshmallows.
Other options for table top cookers-
• Tin bucket with small stones-pour rocks in the bottom of the bucket and then put them around the sterno. Make sure the sterno sits level with the rocks keeping it in place.
• Planter box with small stones-The stones are places around the Sterno cans for both stability and so it doesn’t touch the sides making the planter hot.
Beyond Graham Crackers and Chocolate-some interesting ideas for S’Mores:
• Key lime curd (can use pie filling) + marshmallow +graham cracker
• Lemon curd or other pie filling + marshmallow + graham cracker
• Ghirardelli squares + marshmallow + graham cracker
• Bacon + chocolate + marshmallow + graham cracker
• Nutella + marshmallow + graham cracker
• Peanut Butter (or other nut butters) + marshmallow + graham cracker
• Dark chocolate + banana slices + strawberry + marshmallow + graham cracker
• Peanut Butter Cup + banana slices + bacon + marshmallow + graham cracker
• Mint chocolate Square + marshmallow + chocolate graham cracker
• Dulce de leche + marshmallow + cinnamon graham cracker
• Carmel sauce + marshmallow + sea salt + cinnamon graham cracker
• Chocolate covered potato chip + marshmallow + graham cracker
• Mini candy bars (Snickers, Milky Way, Kit Kat, etc.) + marshmallow + graham cracker
Try various combinations using waffle cookies in place of the graham crackers. Tate cookies would also be a good replacement since they are very flat. Another option is Oreo or another sandwich cookie. Take them apart and place a square of chocolate, add the marshmallow and then the top. Sounds over the top sweet, but for Oreo fans it’s a hit.
For those who are gluten free, use Rice Krispy Treats in place of the graham crackers.