This post is dedicated and inspired by Michael, who this past weekend, returned a book he had borrowed with a wonderful CD of Mercedes Sosa. I promptly downloaded the CD to iTunes and started listening.
I fell in love with this Argentine singer, whose story is as marvelous as her voice. I couldn’t help but think how wonderful the gift of music is. When my oldest son, who is a musician, comes home from college, he will turn us on to one of his new inspirations. It’s such a treat.
This week’s take a break is all about passing on music. You can do this by:
• Making a CD of favorite tunes for someone.
• Buy a CD and give it to someone that might love it
• E-mail friends with a video of one of your favorite musicians
• Purchasing concert tickets for someone
• Invite someone over to hear a favorite artist. Enhance the experience with something special to eat or drink.
• Show someone how to use Pandora
Share a favorite music video by posting it to the Healing Whole Facebook page.
Below are some links to music that friends and family have shared with me and so I pass them along with a note of thanks:
• Mercedes Sosa (Thanks Michael)
• Kenny Baker and Bill Monroe-Jerusalem Ridge: (Thanks Mark) Brought back many a fond memory of being at festivals and dancing to their music.
• Rodrigo y Gabriela-Diablo Rojo Thanks Spenser
• Desmond Dekker-Israelites (Thanks Spenser)
• Tony Bennett & Amy Winehouse-Body and Soul Thank you Tony
• Red Clay Ramblers-I Crept Into the Crypt Have to thank the old time community for this one, as I just can’t remember who took me to the concert at the Birchmere.