• Corn Tortillas + the Oven Rack= Great Taco Shells: If you want them more like a tostado shell, lay flat on the oven rack and spray slighting with cooking oil. For a true taco shape, warm in the microwave and drape over the rack. Bake at 350 for about 10 min. You can also cut up a corn tortilla shell, place on baking sheet, spray with oil, sprinkle salt and bake at 350 for 10 min.
• Use an apple slicer to cut potatoes. Great for making baked potato wedges. Mix with a little olive oil, salt, pepper and whatever spice you like, and bake at 450.
• Bring new life to stale crackers, chips and even rice crackers by zapping in the microwave. Takes seconds, so a few trial and errors will help you figure out the best setting for your microwave.
• Reheat pizza in a skillet.
• Make delicious gluten free breadcrumbs with a food processor: I actually prefer these to regular breadcrumbs in recipes. Put Rice or Corn Chex Cereal or GF Pretzels into a food processor and grind. Use as needed and freeze the rest for another time. Careful processing can yield crumbs that are similar to Panko. I prefer these to regular bread crumbs.
Not interested in today’s activity? Check out the Take a Break Pinterest for lots of Take a Break ideas.