Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Take a Break: Play 13 Tile Mahjong

When I want to take a break during, I play Mahjong. No, this isn’t about matching tiles, this is Hong Kong, 13 tile Mahjong, the game you see people playing in the parks and the version that has done much to enhance the health and well being of older players. In fact, an 80+ woman from Hong Kong, who taught me the finer points of the game, told me that the healthiest women she knew were mahjong players. There is research that backs up her observation.

While my preference is to play with friends, it’s not possible to do that in the middle of the day, so I found a good site on-line where I can play for free.

If you’ve never played mahjong, learn the basics first. This site contains a lot more information than you need but it’s pretty interesting. Use Mahjong 2 to play the game. 

Not interested in today’s activity? Check out the Take a Break Pinterest for lots of Take a Break ideas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment