Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Take a Break: Dia de los Muertos Milagro Shadow Box



I’ve been fascinated by the “milagros” hearts, particularly the shadow boxes that often appear on altars that at this time of year. Milagros, or miracles, are small metal religious charms found in many areas of Latin American. Recently I came across a pattern for the hearts and have been experimenting.

Go to Mexican Tin Folk Art DIY  and follow the pattern. You can make them out of a variety of types of material, not just tin. Try cardstock, cardboard, soda cans or aluminum flashing as is recommended in the directions. 



Not interested in today’s activity, go to the Take a Break Pinterest Board. and pick out something else.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Margo, I appreciate you posting my project very much. It would be terrific if you could credit me in this article and on Pinterest where you've posted my photo to bring people to your site.

    ReplyDelete