Since Valentine’s is not far off, what fun to enjoy guilt free pleasures for yourself and a Valentine or two. If your first though goes to chocolates, here are some recipes to try. Given my husband’s wheat and dairy allergy, I tend to look for gluten free options that are just as appealing to those of us who don’t have to be on a restricted diet.
This is gluten free and vegan and not made with nasty ingredients.
• Peanut Butter and Cranberry Protein Bars: Yes there is chocolate.
But there are lots of other guiltless pleasures-other than desserts- you can create or indulge in such as:
• A favorite movie, book or even comic book. Have you seen the new Lemony Snicket on Netflix?
• A massage
• Playing a game-board game, golf, soccer or whatever strikes your fancy
• A walk
• An evening snuggled in front of the fireplace or even one outside. If you are doing a fire outside, using a fire pit can help to keep the snow all around it from melting and turning into an ice skating rink. Learned that one the hard way.
• Listening to music/playing music/singing
• Collecting things
• Planting something or caring for in door plants
• Flying a kite
• Sketching, painting, doodling
• Bird watching
• Make something
Not interested in today’s activity, go to the Take a Break Pinterest Board. and pick out something else.