Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Take a Break: Engage in a favorite childhood activity


One of my favorite activities is to reread childhood books. Interestingly, when people are asked what books they reread, it’s often children’s books, such as The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, or the Harry Potter Series. In part it’s because it provides a sense of comfort and relaxation. There is something about children’s literature that draws you in and lets you escape. 

 Maybe you have some movies and TV shows you loved to watch. Is there a favorite game you liked to play? 

 

Go to your local library and check out the children’s section. Is there a book there you might have purposefully ignored as a kid? Try reading a few pages. 

 

I was on vacation and had run out of things to read, when I found a young adult book that I had thought sounded “too girlie” when I was a kid. “Calico Captive” turned out to be an engrossing story, based on a real story of a woman captured by Indians. Turns out, part of it took place where I live.  

 

Not interested in today’s activities, try the Take a Break Pinterest Board.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment