It’s summer and the pool noodles abound-at home, the beach, swimming pool etc. Here are some fun ways to enjoy them, including ideas for recycling those that are wrecked and stuck in the back of the garage.
• Make a garland for outdoor parties: Cut them into ½ thick pieces (use the noodles that have ridges in them) and string them together with a needle and thread. Watch a video You can also put a piece of wire through one edge and wire it to a strand of lights.
• Make stamps out of them: Again using the ridged noodle, cut ½ inch pieces, dab on the paint and stamp.
• Napkin rings: Perfect for pool side dinning. Slice into ½ pieces, pull the napkin through the hole and viola!
• Flower Bouquet: This would be a fun surprise for someone in the hospital. Use a ridged pool noodle. Cut into ½ inch sections. Stick a green pipe cleaner (think the correct name is craft sticks) in one end. Put a bunch together in a vase.
• Large flowers: Use two different circular noodles. Slice in ½ inch slices. Glue five in a circle (they’ll look like daisy petals) and add a contrasting color in the middle.
• Make a wreath-Just tape the ends together, or connect with a wooden dowel, and start decorating. Like Styrofoam, you can stick pins in them.
• Make an Epee (sword) and practice your fencing skills