Valentines Day is just a few days away. Try some unique valentines for that special someone.
• Paper Heart decoration for Valentines, weddings
• Bird Seed Valentine: For your feathered friends, or for someone who likes birds, take a thick piece of bread (1-2 inches) and trim the crusts so you create a heart shape. Cut the center so you have a heart shape ring. Slather peanut butter on one side and lay in bird seed and chopped nuts. Turn and repeat on the other side. Place on a sheet of aluminum foil and place in the freezer overnight. Hang with a ribbon or string.
• “Cootie Catcher” or Paper Fortune Tellers: Not just for play grounds anymore, long trips or telling someone’s fortunes. This is a wonderful way to let someone know why they’re so special to you or even a unique way of setting up a series of “date nights.” Instead of a fortune, list an activity you’ll do with the person, such as dinner and a movie, walk in the park, weekend away etc. Kick it up a notch by using good quality paper. Here are links for pre printed Valentine Cootie Catchers:
• Party Popper Valentines: Very cool as you only need is a cardboard tube, some fun paper and cute things to stick inside.
• Seed Starter Valentine: On a snowy day in Vermont, the idea of spring flowers sounds wonderful.