Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Take a Break: Watch someone paint

I’ve always been fascinated watching people paint. It mesmerizes and relaxes me. There is something magical about watching a painting unfold. If I have trouble sleeping, it’s a definite go to.

 

Bob Ross maybe the first name that might come to mind, as his Joy of Painting became wildly popular. All of the episodes are online at Ross’s You Tube channel.



 

Another painter I like watching is the water colorist Peter Huntoon 


 

 

Here’s a demonstration of knife painting. 


 

If you are interested in the techniques of how these paintings are done, there are definitely some similarities. Found myself experimenting with putting water on paper and then adding water color paints and it was a totally different effect than paint on dry paper.

 

Not interested in today’s activities, try the Take a Break Pinterest Board.



No comments:

Post a Comment