Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Take a Break: Pressed flowers


With all the spring flowers starting to appear in Vermont, plus Mother’s Day not far off, this is the perfect time to press flowers. Forget the big books and waiting weeks. Now you can do it in a minute in the microwave. Watch the following video.

I’ve been trying this with violets, daffodils and even dandelions. They all turn out really well. Times will differ in your microwave. Mine took about a minute and 30 seconds.

 


What to Make:
The first thing I tried was making pressed flower tattoos. Since make up artists have glue sticks in their kits to flatten eyebrows and stick on stuff, I thought I’d see if it would work with the flowers. Perfect. I put it on my hand, which gets a lot of use, and it hasn’t fallen off. I rubbed some glue stick on my hand, laid the flower down, and went over it again with the glue stick. Been holding for several hours and I even cleaned the floor, made dinner and a bunch of other chores. Tried it on my husband’s arm. Needed a bit more glue though. He forgot he had it on his arm until bed time.

 

Bookmarks, gift tags, note cards: The directions are similar for all three, just the size and shape of paper (card stock preferably) is different. Note if you don’t have Modge Podge on hand, you can use equal parts white school glue and water.

Pressed Flower Tray

Flower candle

• Flowers in a frame

 

Not interested in today’s activities, try the Take a Break Pinterest Board.

No comments:

Post a Comment