Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Take a Break: Make a Paper Mosaic


One of my favor things to work with is paper. To test out new techniques, I make cards. That way I can quickly see if it’s going to work the way I want it to and then have a card I can use for birthdays etc.

 

 I particularly like mosaics as I can get rid of a lot of scraps of paper, including bits of gift wrapping, as well as magazines and even advertisements. Since I have a variety of stuff from other projects, I add beads, ribbons and whatever is lying about.

 

Watch the video as it’s a good tutorial. Note that the final layer of “Mod podge” seals everything in. I haven’t bought that product in years after I found that it’s easy to make your own by mixing equal parts white glue, also called “school glue” with water. Have also water downed acrylic paints for a similar effect. However, that can be tricky so test it out before applying. 

 

 


Not interested in today’s activities, try the Take a Break Pinterest Board.

No comments:

Post a Comment