Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Take a Break: Make Something with Eggnog


This is the time of year where there is lots of eggnog around. Given that it’s now available in Lactaid free form, as well as various non milk (almond, soy) versions, it can be enjoyed by many. That being said, what do you do when you have leftovers and pretty much no one is interested in drinking it? Try cooking with it.

 

My go to has always been using it as the mix for French Toast, replacing the egg and milk mixture with the eggnog. My kids like that with some powdered sugar or maple syrup.

 

While I haven’t tried this yet, I will as my husband  is allergic to “oil of cow” and loves the non-dairy eggnog. Replace the evaporated milk (1 ¼ cups) in the basic pumpkin pie recipe.

 

Check out lots of ideas at Holiday recipes to make with eggnog.

 

Not interested in today’s activities, try the Take a Break Pinterest Board.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment