Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Take a Break: Art of the Game

Several years ago, I completed a book I had started 20 years before when I was pregnant with my oldest son. Horrible morning sickness, that lasted most of the day for the better part of nine months, put me on a quest to think of things to divert my mind from how sick I felt. Ultimately, this led to "One Hundred Things to Think About and Do When You are Sick of Being Sick." On Wednesdays I will post some of the items from this book, as well as some of the activities I use in my "Art for the Sake of Health" workshops.

Listed below are free on-line resources that help to hone your gaming skills, provide some relaxation and stimulate your mind.
- AARP Game Page www.aarpmagazine.org/games (includes daily Sudoku, crossword and jigsaw puzzles, as well as solitaire, trivia and brainteasers). The site is free and you do not have to be a member to use it.
- Word Plays www.wordplays.com Includes several forms of Boogle, Scrabble and many other word games, along with a help section for cross word puzzlers.
- MiniClips www.miniclips.com Remember Pac Man? Now you can play it on-line along with many other games, including Trivia.

No comments:

Post a Comment