Father’s Day is this coming Sunday. So today’s post is all about ways to help the men in your life have an enjoyable relaxing Father’s Day while you “take a break” today.
Even though you have about five days, there is still time to make a card and send it. The following links might inspire some new ideas for cards:
• Clip art for Dad’s
• Make a “shirt” card for Father’s Day using directions for making a folded shirt from a dollar bill. Use a legal size sheet of paper ( 81/2 x 14 1/2) for best results. Regular paper works but it creates a shorter shirt.
• Ideas for cards from Enchanted Learning
Gifts can be a bit of a challenge- they have everything they want or need, you can’t afford a present they’d like, or you haven’t a clue what they’d like in the first place. Maybe one of these DIY’s (do it yourself) will
• Make a CD of music he will like, or download music directly to his iPod.
• What are his favorite foods? Make him his favorite candy and tell him he doesn’t have to share. Don’t have the time to make him something now, make him a personal card redeemable for his favorite meal, dessert, candy etc.
• Make him a coupon book or card, which he can redeem at a later date, of things you will do for him.
• Clean his car, workspace or office. Cut the lawn so he doesn’t have to.
• More gift ideas
Things to do on Father’s Day
• Make the day all about him. Ask him what he’d like to do and do it.
• Plan a picnic
• Go for a hike or walk
• Give him a foot massage, backrub or whatever might appeal to him.
• Rent a movie and watch it together.
• Play his favorite game with him.
• Take in a ball game or whatever his favorite sporting event might be.
• Arrange for Dad and his buddies to do something fun, like have a poker afternoon followed by a BBQ.