Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Take a Break: Fun Holiday Gifts to Start Making Now

Yes Labor Day isn’t even here and I’m thinking of Holiday gifts. Around this time, thanks to 40 degree nights, I start mulling over what I can make for the Holiday season. At the moment, I’m working on the perfect gluten free, heart healthy cookie. I’m pretty close and am now considering a gluten free pumpkin oat cookie. Summer is the perfect time for a bit of R & D. But I digress.

Posted below are five things to make, which will make unique gifts for friends and family during the holidays or for any other occasion.

Money Soap (Get clean and green at the same time)

Eyeglass Case

Eyeglass Case and Bookmark: This is ideal for those folks that are forever loosing their reading classes.

If you are only going to need small pieces of fabric for a project, such as eyeglass cases, go to a design store or any other store that may have books of material swatches. I did this last year and made hats and eyeglass cases. The fabrics were delicious!

Fabric Flower Brooch: You can make these in any size and with the right material, can make poinsettias holiday pins.

Candles When I was in college, I had a friend who literally used every mold in his mother’s kitchen cupboard to make candles. The results were quite lovely and he gave them as gifts all the time. The Craftbit site is excellent, as it gives over 50 ways to make your own candles, including directions for whipping wax.

1 comment:

  1. The gift of handmade soap would really delight many. Handmade items, are heartmade!

    Corporate Gift Baskets

    ReplyDelete