There are all sorts of Christmas tree balls in the stores, and chances are good you have some lying around that never make it onto your tree. So below are a number of things to try.
• Make a wreath using a coat hanger. Talk about easy.
• Add various sizes and colors of balls to clear glass stemware, bowls, platters, etc. For example, use a champagne flute (they have them at the Dollar Store), and place tiny champagne colored balls inside. Nice decoration for a New Year’s party, particularly if you have them placed on a table runner. Place a large ball on top of a shot glass. A glass trifle bowl filled balls would make a lovely centerpiece.
• Loop a piece of ribbon through one or two balls and then tie around a linen napkin. Voila a one of a kind napkin holder.
• Use small balls to make easy earrings.
• Turn them into a vase/candle holder by removing the metal top and gluing a small mirror to the bottom. Fill with flowers or a very thin tapered candle.
• Make a tree topiary.
So if you have no desire to make something, take a stroll down around NYC, to improve your festive move. Don’t live in NYC, no problem. Check out these virtual tours: