Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Take a Break: Create Reminders of Peace-Birds

This past weekend, watching the horrors of Paris unfold, I found myself wanting some sort of tangible symbol of peace that could hang in my office so that I could remind myself that there are others ways to achieve solutions to problems without resorting violence.

The Children’s Peace Monument in Hiroshima was the first thought that came to mind. Unveiled in 1958, Sadako Sasaki who died from leukemia as a result of nuclear radiation holds an origami crane a top the monument. At the base are the words. "This is our cry, this is our prayer, Peace in the world."

Birds of peace seem to resonant so here are three to try:
• Bird Paper Chain: This is a Pinterest image but it’s easy to download, print and use.  


Not interested in today’s activity? Check out the Take a Break Pinterest for lots of Take a Break ideas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment