Can recall more than one July day where I had a “Harry Potter hangover” from staying up way too late learning what the latest installment of the series would bring. Hard to believe that the series was launched 20 years ago this past week with the publication of “The Sorcerer’s Stone. Just so we’re clear, Harry Potter himself would be 37 on July 31, which makes him a Leo. Hmm... does he seem like a Leo?
So there are the obvious things to do to celebrate the occasion- such as re read, or read for the first time the series or your favorite one of the books and/or watch any or all of the movies. Here are some other ideas:
• Join the Wizarding World Book Club and join in the discussion with people from around the world
• Read Harry Potter and the Cursed Child: This is the script for the play of the same name. It premiers on Broadway in 2018. The Pottermore website has lots more information about the play.
• The Ultimate Harry Potter Quiz: Find Out Which House You Truly Belong In : You can also find out which Harry Potter House your state belongs in.
Watch the video about the heroine Hermione Granger
• Do the special June 26, 2017 NYT Harry Potter tribute crossword puzzle
• Make some “butter beer.” Looks incredibly sweet.
• Take HuffPost’s Harry Potter Quiz, which is quite hard unless you spend all your time reading the books and watching the movies.
• Check out the HuffPost’s 20th Anniversary page
Not interested in today’s activity, go to the Take a Break Pinterest and pick out something else.