Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Take a Break: Try Paper Batik and Tie Dying


Recently my brother-in-law gave me a present wrapped in the most incredible paper-it was Batik or possibly tie dyed. Which ever I’ve been enthralled and have been trying various techniques.

Checking different videos, I noticed that if you drop food coloring onto paper towels, it spreads and leaks through to the surface below. After laying down a piece of plastic (a trash can bag), I placed a sheet of paper-the kind they wrap glass in at the store-and
Paper towel with blotches of color
placed paper towel on top of it. I used cheap food colors and dropped color splotches all over. While some of it bled through to the paper, I wanted more of an effect.

I should have sprayed lightly with water, but since I didn’t want to look for a spray bottle, I doused it with way more water than needed. It bled in all sorts of directions and ended up with an interesting effect. 

After wetting it-note the spreading color


After it dried
Below are links and videos to check out:

Crayon Batik If you prefer written directions,try Crayon Batik 





This is a cool video of Tie Dying for a notebook. Can think of a lot of cool ways to use this.  


Not interested in today’s activities, try the Take a Break Pinterest Board.

No comments:

Post a Comment