This August" five DIY gifts you can make now for the holiday season"has a special theme this year. For the gardener in your life, check out these projects to make now for holiday giving or at other times when you need a present. At the end of the post are links to previous years August Holiday Gifts to Start Now.
• Build a Bug Hotel: Now is the time to gather the items that will create a wonderful bug hotel. You might want to give this gift sooner then December. Very cool project.
• Garden gloves from old sweatshirts: This is good time to check out thrift stores for old Sweatshirts.
• Tea Cup Bird Feeder: The one thing that seems to abound in thrift stores are unmatched cups and saucers.
• Decorate garden items: Since August is when a lot of the planting supplies go on sale for cheap, this is a good time to pick up some items like watering cans, pots and wooden handled tools and decorate. Check out this post on decorating water cans with cut out paper flowers.
• Harvest Apron: This is perfect for harvest time. Anyone who has stretched their T-shirt beyond recognition from piling produce into it will appreciate this gift. Below are various directions to try
Previous Years August Holiday Gifts to Start Now
Take Fives from Previous Years
• 2011: Environmentally friendly cleaning products; Cookie Cutter Fudge; Balloon Candle Holders; Popsicle Bracelets; Frame a game Board
• 2012: Make a variety of items using the sun including sun stencils and art work
• 2013: From fruitcakes to fabric covered canvas
• 2014Edition: Infinity scarf, knife block or stripe, fire starters, flavored syrups, activity books