Some days are crazier than others and it’s nice to have some quick ways to remind your body to slow down in order to reduce stress and anxiety. Try one of the following:
• Chew gum: Whatever the flavor, make sure it has the ADA (American Dental Association) approval that way you not only reduce anxiety and lower cortisol levels while you chew, you’re also giving your teeth a “brush” that reduces the risk of cavities.
• Eat a handful of trail mix, carrots or celery sticks: It’s all about the crunch when you’re stressed.
• Lay your head on a cushion or pillow: Don’t have time for a nap? Lay your head on a pillow and take five minutes to let the pillow soak up your fears and anxieties.
• Count: Stopping and counting is a great way to break from stressful thinking and make you more mindful. Whether it’s counting backwards from 100 by 2s, or counting all the cars on a given street, whichever way you do gives the brain a much-needed break
• Acupressure: Acupressure is an ancient Chinese healing method that involves putting pressure with the fingers or the hand on certain points of the body. Unblocking the flow of Qi can release tension. You can do this on your own to promote health and relieve stress.
Not interested in today’s activities, try the Take a Break Pinterest Board.