Since Mother’s Day is just four days a way, here are some unique ideas for gifts you can make for Mom, or the significant women in your or your children’s lives:
• Take a jar and add a plant, or buy an herb from your local store and re pot in a container she’d appreciate. Include a note that plays on the plant theme “thank you for helping me grow;” You’re a Big Dill to Me; Thanks for Always Making Thyme for me.
• Use old wooden spoons-or buy some cheap ones at the Dollar Store-and paint the spoon portion with a coat or two of paint. After it dries, write the name of herbs, plants etc. which can be used for plant markers in a garden. Another option is to paint a picture of the fruit or vegetable, or just use Sharpies to write the names on.
• Hand Paint a mini cactus garden using rocks found in your neighborhood.
• How much does Mom know about her ancestors? Create a family tree- download one or make your own. Use FamilySearch historical records to help you find her ancestors for free.
• Make Victorian Paper Flowers.
Previous years posts
Not interested in today’s activity, go to the Take a Break Pinterest Board. and pick out something else.